To improve value retrieval performance when selecting segment criteria from a list, you can add and remove optimizations for properties which you plan to use to create segments. When you select criteria values from a list in a segment rule, you use the Select items dialog box to select one or more values for the criterion. If the property has many values, populating the Select items dialog box can result in poor performance. By optimizing the property, the number of values that are queried is reduced, resulting in improved retrieval performance.
- In the Application Explorer, in the search text field, enter Data-Admin-DistinctValueIndex and press Enter.
- Click Data-Admin-DistinctValueIndex to open the Data-Admin-DistinctValueIndex class.
- Click Create to create a distinct value index instance of the
property that you want to optimize. You must define the property as a text, integer, or
- In the Short description field, enter a brief description of the instance.
- In the Class name field, enter the name of the class that the property is associated with. The class cannot have security restrictions defined for it.
- In the Property name field, enter the name of the property whose values you want to retrieve.
- Click Save.
- Use the optimized property in a segment. For more information, see "Selecting Criteria Values from a List" in the Pega Customer Decision Hub User Guide on the Pega Customer Decision Hub product page.