The Pega Platform offers the following authentication types:
- Based on passwords in the Operator ID data instances and the login form. This is defined by the HTML @baseclass.Web-Login rule, which your application can override.
- Similar to PRBasic, but passes credentials by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with Basic HTTP authentication. The login form is defined by the HTML @baseclass.Web-Login-SecuredBasic rule, which your application can override.
- Supports access to an external LDAP directory or a custom authentication scheme.
- Supports external assignments (Directed Web Access).
- Specifies that the application server in which the Pega Platform is deployed uses JAAS to authenticate users.
Previous topic Optional: Defining the security model and organization structure Next topic Defining your authentication scheme