Creating data sets to ingest customer data
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
Create data sets to hold the files that you want to transfer.
The goal of this procedure is to create the following rules with sample parameter values:
|Rule type||Rule name||Ruleset|
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Data Model category, and then click Data Set.
- On the Data Set tab, click Create.
- On the New tab, configure the following
- In the Label field, enter UPlusImportAccount.
- In the Type field, select File.
- In the Apply to field, enter the name of the applicable customer class, for example, UPlusCDH-Data-Comms-Account.
- In the Add to ruleset fields, select UPlusCDH-Rules and 01-01-01.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Data source section, select Files on repository.
- In the Connection section, enter the name of your Pega Cloud repository, for example, pegacloudrepository.
- In the File configuration section, configure the
parameters for the manifest
- Select Use a manifest file.
- In the Manifest file path field, enter the path to your manifest file.
- If the files are compressed, select the File is compressed checkbox, and then select the compression type.
- In the Parser configuration section, configure the
- In the File type field, select the type of files to be ingested, for example, CSV.
- Click Configure automatically to automatically configure the parser settings for the files in your data set.
- Click the Mapping tab, and then adjust the mapping between the columns in the files to be ingested and the corresponding properties in the customer class.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 3 through 11 to
create the other two data sets:
Previous topic Creating a manifest file to ingest customer data Next topic Creating data flows to ingest customer data