Creating a decision table to ingest customer data
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
Create a decision table to define a set of conditions under which the system runs a specific ingestion process using the appropriate data flows, or reports an error.
The goal of this procedure is to complete the following tasks:
- Create the following rule with sample parameter values:
Rule type Rule name Ruleset Class Decision table UPlusIngestionProcessType UPlusCDH-Rules:01-01-01 UPlus-Work-Ingestion Important: When you configure this rule in your system, use the values that are appropriate for your system.
- Add the rule to the Process type? decision shape in the process flow in the Ingestion case type.
The starting point for this procedure is the process flow that you added to the Ingestion case type, as shown in the following figure:
- On the Edit Flow: UploadToXCAR tab, double-click the Process type? decision shape.
- In the Type field, select Decision Table.
- Click the Crosshairs icon to the right of the Rule field.
- On the New tab, configure the following
- In the Label field, enter UPlusIngestionProcessType.
- In the Apply to and Add to ruleset fields, leave the default values.
- Click Create and open.
- On the Table tab, create the following decision
Tip: The decision table uses the data flows and properties that you created earlier. processType Return DataFlowClassName DataFlowName if AccountIngestion NA UPlusCDH-Data-Comms-Account UPlusImportAccount else if SubscriptionIngestion NA UPlusCDH-Data-Comms-Subscription UPlusImportSubscription else if HoldingIngestion NA UPlusCDH-Data-Comms-Holding UPlusImportHolding otherwise NA Error Error
- Click Save.
- Go back to the UploadToXCAR tab.
- In the Rule field, select the UPlusIngestionProcessType decision table that you created.
- Click Submit.
- On the Edit Flow: UploadToXCAR tab, click Save
Previous topic Creating properties to ingest customer data Next topic Creating an activity to ingest customer data