Creating a service file to ingest customer data
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
Create a service file to define a package of rules for processing the manifest file.
The goal of this procedure is to create the following rule with sample parameter values:
|Rule type||Rule name||Ruleset||Work class|
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Integration-Services category, and then click Service File.
- On the Service File tab, click Create.
- On the New tab, configure the following
- In the Label field, enter UPlusProcessManifestFile.
- In the Customer Package Name field, enter the name of the service package that you created earlier, which in this example was UPlusIngestionFileProcessing.
- In the Customer Class Name field, enter Default.
- In the Add to ruleset fields, select UPlusCDH-Rules and 01-01-01.
- Click Create and open.
- On the Service tab, in the Primary page
class field, enter the name of the ingestion work class, which
in this example is
Note: The system creates the ingestion work class automatically when you create the ingestion case type. To check what the ingestion work class is in your system, in the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App, and then expand the following categories: .
- Click the Method tab, and then in the Processing method field, select file at a time.
- Click the Request tab, and then configure the following
- In the Map to field, enter XML ParseRule.
- In the Map to key field, enter the name of the Parse XML rule that you configured earlier, followed by the name of the root element of your manifest file, which in this example is UPlusManifestParser manifest.
- In the Final activity field, enter svcAddWorkObject.
- Click Save.
- In the Processing epilog section, configure the following
- In the FlowType field, enter pyStartCase.
- In the organization field, enter UPlus.
- In the workPage field, enter pyWorkPage.
- Select the SkipCreateView checkbox.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Creating a service package to ingest customer data Next topic Creating file listeners to ingest customer data