Facebook Ads apps have two possible access levels: Standard and Advanced. When creating the app for Paid Media Manager integration, you can use the Standard access levels to generate the access token and test the app. By default, on the creation of the Business type app, all the permissions and features are provided with a Standard access level. If you are using the Lead Ads functionality, after you complete the testing, you must apply for the Advanced access level before going live with the integration.
To integrate Paid Media Manager with Facebook Ads, you must obtain the following permissions:
- Ads Management Standard Access -
This feature is required to lower the rate limiting. Using a large customer
base can result in a high volume of API calls, which causes Facebook to
apply rate limiting if your app does not have access to the Ads Management
Standard Access feature.
Note: Rate limiting is not affected by the access level of permissions.
Optional permissions for the Lead Ads functionality
In order to use the Lead Ads functionality, your Facebook app must have the following permissions:
- leads_retrieval - Allows Paid Media Manager to retrieve the leads generated in Facebook.
- page_manage_ads - As per Facebook permission guidelines, the permission is used in parallel to the leads_retrieval permission. It is not explicitly used anywhere in Paid Media Manager.
- pages_show_list - To use lead ads, your Facebook app must be subscribed to the Facebook page. This permission is required for the subscription.
- pages_read_engagement - Required to subscribe the Facebook app to the Facebook page, and to retrieve the leads generated in Facebook.
- pages_manage_metadata - Required to subscribe Facebook app to the page, and for Facebook to send the leads to the Paid Media Manager service.