Some areas of Pega 1:1 Operations Manager are commonly extended during the implementation process, while others should be left as default for most implementations.
Recommended extension points
Review the following areas of Pega 1:1 Operations Manager and customize them to match your requirements:
- The mapping of properties and the UI of change request phases
- SLA details
- Approval process
- Additional, non-default change request types
- Testing steps
Customizing the UI of change request phases
To customize the UI of the Plan and Build stage of a Pega 1:1 Operations Manager change request, do the following steps:
- Save the corresponding wrapper section into your implementation layer.
For example, to customize the Channels screen, save the Channels section into your implementation layer.
The wrapper section contains two sections:
- Default - For example, DefineChannels
- Customizable extension - For example, DefineChannelsCustomization
- Save the default section with the same name as the customizable section.
For example, save the DefineChannels section into your implementation layer as DefineChannelsCustomization.
- Change the visibility of the default section to Never.
- Change the visibility of the customizable extension section to Always.
- Customize the extension section as required.
Areas which should be left as default
In most cases, do not modify the following areas of Pega 1:1 Operations Manager:
- The built-in class definition and the class-to-table mapping
- The Build change request phase
- The integration between Pega 1:1 Operations Manager and the Revision Management functionality of Pega Platform
- Default change request types