Implementing Pega Customer Decision Hub
Determine the next best action for every customer and drive an effective return on marketing investment by implementing the Pega Customer Decision Hub application in your system.
Start by deploying Pega Customer Decision Hub and Pega 1:1 Operations Manager in the Development (SOR) environment. Migrate the entire application to higher environments: Staging, Business Operations Environment (BOE), and Production. Configure an orchestrator and set up the data pipelines between the environments. Finally, test your implementation by running a sample change request through the BOE.
- Plan your implementation by reviewing the architecture and deployment options for Pega Customer Decision Hub. For more information, see Deployment architecture for Pega Customer Decision Hub.
- Complete the prerequisites for your deployment type. For more information, see Prerequisites for Pega Customer Decision Hub.
- Create and configure the Pega Customer Decision Hub implementation
layer application.For more information, see Creating the Pega Customer Decision Hub implementation layer application.
- Create and manage your customer data
model.For more information, see Managing data.
- Optional: To implement your application for a specific industry, apply
accelerators.For more information, see Applying industry-specific accelerators.
- Create and configure the Pega 1:1 Operations Manager implementation
layer application and the overlay application.For more information, see Implementing Pega 1:1 Operations Manager.
- Configure engagement channels.For more information, see Configuring engagement channels.
- Package changes for the entire implementation application.For more information, see Packaging an application for migration.
- Lock artifacts and open a new version.For more information, see Locking the release.
- Deploy the implementation application to the Staging, BOE, and Production
environments.For more information, see Importing the packaged application.
- Verify that the implementation application works in all environments.
- Configure operators in the BOE:
For more information, see Creating operators in the Business Operations Environment.
- Create operations team operators to log in to Pega 1:1 Operations Manager.
- Create Revision Manager and Strategy Designer operators to log in to Customer Decision Hub.
- Configure an orchestrator tool, such as Deployment Manager, for data migration
Note: Deployment Manager is used by default on Pega Cloud. For non-Pega Cloud implementations, you can use other tools, such as Jenkins.
For more information, see Configuring Deployment Manager for data migration pipelines.
- Test your implementation.Verify whether your environments and pipelines work as designed by running a change management test case and deploying the associated revision to production.
For more information, see Testing your implementation.
- Configure the artifacts.The business team can define the necessary artifacts, by using the Next-Best-Action Designer, which provides an easy-to-use, guided way to define, manage, and monitor next-best-actions across inbound and outbound channels.
For more information see, Understanding Next-Best-Action Designer basics.
Configuring the Development environment
Configuring higher environments
Previous topic Pega Customer Decision Hub Implementation Guide Next topic Deployment architecture for Pega Customer Decision Hub