If you selected the Decision table option while configuring response behavior for your inbound SMS account, you must select one or more decision tables which associate inbound SMS messages with a positive or negative action response. Each result from the decision table can be associated with the same action or with different individual actions.
- In Dev Studio, configure a decision table in the PegaMKT-Work-Offer
class. Below are some considerations for accessing message and Customer data in decision
- Customer data is available through the .Customer page property under the action class.
- Inbound message data is available through the .InboundResponseData.SMS page property under the action class. The .InboundResponseData.SMS page includes properties for the incoming number (.SourceNumber) and the message content (.MessageBody).
- The below screenshot shows a predefined InboundSMSParsingSample1
decision table, which you can use as template to create your own decision
- In the Manage decision tables section of the Response
behaviors tab, select one of the following options:
- One action – Select this option if all messages received on this account should be associated with a single action.
- Individual actions – Select this option if this account receives responses to multiple actions. In this case, specify each action name alongside the response value in the decision table grid.
- Optional: If you selected the One action option, use the Action field to specify the action with which all incoming messages should be associated.
- Select a decision table and click Add decision table.
- For each decision table result, select the response value and, if applicable, an action
- Optional: Select and add another decision table.When an inbound message arrives, Pega Customer Decision Hub evaluates the decision tables from top to bottom until it finds a matching decision result.