Creating a case type to ingest customer data
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
Manage the data ingestion process by configuring an ingestion case type. In the case type, you can specify when to start the ingestion process and how to handle errors.
The goal of this procedure is to create the following rules with sample parameter values:
|Rule type||Rule name||Ruleset|
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types.
- Click Add a case type.
- In the Name field, enter Ingestion.
- Expand the Advanced Settings section, and then configure
the following parameters:
- In the Ruleset field, select UPlusCDH-Rules.
- In the Ruleset version field, select 01-01-01.
- Click Submit.
- Add stages to the case type with the following settings:
Settings Start stage UploadToXCAR stage Finish stage ErrorHandling stage When all processes in this stage are complete Automatically move to next stage Resolve the case Resolve the case Set case status on stage entry New Pending-Importing Completed Resolved-Failed Resolution status Resolved-Completed Resolved-Failed
- Hover over the UploadToXCAR process, click the Configure process icon, and then click Open process.
- On the Create Flow tab, configure the following
- In the Label field, enter a short description of the flow, for example, Upload to XCAR.
- In the Apply to field, select the ingestion work class, which in this example is UPlus-Work-Ingestion.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select UPlusCDH-Rules.
- Click Create and open.
- Add components to the process flow and connect them as shown in the following
Note: The second Decision shape and the Change to a specific stage shape are optional. You can use them to configure error handling in your ingestion case type.
- Double-click and rename each component as follows:
Component Name Decision (first) Process type? Utility Execute ingestion Decision (second) Error? Change to a specific stage Change to ErrorHandling Result:
In the case workflow view, the process flow in the UploadToXCAR stage contains the following steps:
- Click Save.
Configure the components of the UploadToXCAR flow:
- Create the processType, DataFlowClassName, DataFlowName, and ManifestDetails properties that are required to configure other rules for data ingestion (a decision table, an activity, and a Parse XML rule). For more information, see Creating properties to ingest customer data.
- Configure the Process type? decision shape in the
Use this decision shape to select the ingestion data flow to run based on the value of the processTypeproperty. This property identifies the type of files to be loaded, for example, files that contain customer data for the Account, Subscriber, or Product Holding class. The system obtains the value of the processType property from the manifest file. For more information, see Creating a decision table to ingest customer data.
- Configure the Execute ingestion utility shape in the
Use this utility shape to define an activity to perform the required processing and run the ingestion data flows. For more information, see Creating an activity to ingest customer data.
- Optional: Configure the Error? and
Change to ErrorHandling shapes in the
You can configure these two shapes to handle errors that might occur while the files are ingested into the target data set. The configuration of these components is not covered in this tutorial.
Previous topic Creating data flows to ingest customer data Next topic Creating properties to ingest customer data