Manage the data ingestion process by configuring an ingestion case type. In the case type, you can specify when to start the ingestion process and how to handle errors.
The goal of this procedure is to create the following rules with sample parameter values:
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types.
- Click Add a case type.
- In the Name field, enter Ingestion.
- Expand the Advanced Settings section, and then configure
the following parameters:
- In the Ruleset field, select UPlusCDH-Rules.
- In the Ruleset version field, select 01-01-01.
- Click Submit.
- Add stages to the case type with the following settings:
Settings Start stage UploadToXCAR stage Finish stage ErrorHandling stage When all processes in this stage are complete Automatically move to next stage Resolve the case Resolve the case Set case status on stage entry New Pending-Importing Completed Resolved-Failed Resolution status Resolved-Completed Resolved-Failed
- Hover over the UploadToXCAR process, click the Configure process icon, and then click Open process.
- On the Create Flow tab, configure the following
- In the Label field, enter a short description of the flow, for example, Upload to XCAR.
- In the Apply to field, select the ingestion work class, which in this example is UPlus-Work-Ingestion.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select UPlusCDH-Rules.
- Click Create and open.
- Add components to the process flow and connect them as shown in the following
- Double-click and rename each component as follows:
Component Name Decision (first) Process type? Utility Execute ingestion Decision (second) Error? Change to a specific stage Change to ErrorHandling
- Click Save.