Creating file listeners to ingest customer data
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
Create file listeners to listen for the arrival of the manifest file in your repository, run a preprocessing check to validate the files against the manifest file, and if the check is successful, start the ingestion process.
The goal of this procedure is to create the following rules with sample parameter values:
|Rule type||Rule name||Ruleset|
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Integration-Resources category, and then click File Listener.
- On the File Listener tab, click Create.
- On the New tab, configure the following
- In the Short description field, enter a meaningful description of the file listener, for example, File listener for Account class.
- In the Listener Name field, enter a name for the file listener, for example, UPlusAccountFileListener.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Listener nodes section, configure the following
- In the Startup option field, select NodeClassification based startup.
- In the Classifications section, click the Add a row icon to add a row.
- In the Node Type field, enter BackgroundProcessing.
- In the Source properties section, in the Source location field, enter the path to the folder in your repository where the files to be ingested will be stored.
- In the Source name mask field, enter the source name
mask for the file listener.
- For UPlusAccountFileListener, enter account_manifest*.xml.
- For UPlusSubscriptionFileListener, enter subscription_manifest*.xml.
- For UPlusHoldingFileListener, enter product_holding_manifest*.xml.
- Select the Disable case sensitivity check box.
- In the Listener properties section, configure the
- In the Concurrent threads field, enter 1.
- In the Service package field, select the name of the service package that you created earlier, which in this example was UPlusIngestionFileProcessing.
- In the Service class field, select Default.
- In the Service method field, select the name of the service file that you configured earlier, which in this example was UPlusProcessManifestFile.
- Click the Process tab.
- In the Cleanup section, in the File operation field, select Keep.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 3 through 13
to create the other two file listeners:
Previous topic Creating a service file to ingest customer data Next topic Starting file listeners to ingest customer data