Pega Customer Decision Hub enables you to manage customer and associated entities through the Profile Designer landing page.
To access the Profile Designer landing page, log in to the Customer Decision Hub portal. In the navigation panel on the left, click. The Profile Designer page opens. Click the data source link that represents a customer entity that you want to manage, for example Customer.
Upon clicking this link, the data set for the customer entity opens. In the Data Set: <customer entity> page, click Records tab.
You can utilize the Records tab to perform the following actions:
Viewing and Searching for Instances
The Records tab displays a grid of records for the selected customer entity, as shown below.
When the tab initially opens, it displays the Default view. This view displays all externally mapped properties for the data type. In this view, the first column in the grid is the key property of the data class.
Other views can be defined that display different sets of fields. You can see the list of available views in the drop-down above the header and switch to a different view by selecting it in the drop-down and clicking the View button.
You can search for particular records by specifying the desired text in the search input field above the grid and clicking the magnifying glass icon. The system performs the search across all columns and displays the results in the data grid.
You can also refine grid contents by using column filters.
Managing Individual Instances
You can use the data records grid on the Records tab to perform the following actions:
- Add an instance - To add an instance, click the Add record link at the bottom of the grid. Fill in all necessary fields and click anywhere outside the input row. To cancel your changes and discard the new record, click the delete icon at the end of the row.
Modify an instance - To modify an instance, click anywhere in the desired row. The row will toggle to editable mode. After making the desired changes, click anywhere outside the row to save the modified instance.
- Delete an instance - To delete an instance, click the delete icon at the end of the row.
Access to add, modify, or delete data instances is managed by standard Pega Platform security constructs. Administrators can utilize these constructs to grant or restrict access as needed.
Manually importing customer data
If your organization stores its data in CSV files, you can easily import that data into your Pega Customer Decision Hub application by using the Data Import wizard. You can import data even if they use different field names or types. During the import process, you configure how to process the data, and map the fields in the source CSV file to the fields in your customer entity.
At a high level, the import process has the following four steps:
- Upload the CSV file.
- Click Choose file, navigate to your CSV file, and then click Open.
- In the Purpose list, select an import purpose:
- Add or update - Use this option to create new records for those instances in the CSV file that do not currently exist in the system, and to update records for those instances that do exist.
- Add only - Use this option to only create new records for those instances in the CSV file that do not currently exist in the system. Records for existing instances will not be updated.
- Delete - Use this option to delete matching records from the system.
- Click Next.
- Map the columns in your file to the fields in the customer entity.
- The Match existing records by field is displayed if you chose Add or update or Delete as the import purpose in the previous step. Enter the property to match the records in the CSV file with the existing records.
- Optional: The Case insensitive matching option is displayed if you chose Add or update as the import purpose in the previous step. Set this option to specify that the records in CSV file should be matched with existing records without considering the case.
- In the Target field column, select the fields in your
customer entity that correspond to the fields in the CSV file shown in the
Source field column, or click Select
to display a dialog box for searching and filtering fields.
- Optional: The Update type drop down is displayed if you chose
Add or update as the import purpose in the previous step. Set
it to one of the following options that determines the behavior for updating
- Update if target is blank - Update the matching records only if the values in existing records are blank.
- Always update - Always update the matching records with the values in the CSV file.
- Update if source is not blank - Update the matching records only if the values in the CSV file are not blank.
- Optional: The Update all fields option is displayed if you chose Add or update as the import purpose in the previous step. Set this option to specify that all the fields should be updated. When this option is not set, you can specify which fields to update and which ones to ignore. To deselect fields, click on the field name.
- Click Next to set the import options.
- In the Import options step, you have the following
- Optional: In the Name for this data import field, update the default suggested name to something that suits your requirements.
- Optional: In the Date-time format customization section, you can change the format of date and time values when importing. This is useful when importing data from a CSV file that contains date and time values in a format different from the one used in your Pega Customer Decision Hubapplication.
- Optional: Set the Save import settings as a template option to save the import settings as a template so you can save time while importing again by reusing these settings. When this option is set, the Template name field is visible where you can provide a name for the template.
- Optional: Set the Skip validation step entirely option to skip the validation step entirely. When this option is set, the Start validation button changes to Import button, so you can proceed to the import step.
- Optional: Set the Skip running validate rules button to skip running the validation rules. You can do this if the data was previously validated.
- If you did not choose to skip the validation step, then click Start validation to start validating the records in the CSV file.
- When the importing is complete, click Finish.
- To download a CSV file containing the records which failed to import, click
See more.The last column in this file contains a description of the error that occurred.
Click the Export link above the instances grid to export a CSV file containing data instances represented by the currently selected customer entity.