Pega Customer Decision Hub uses customer contexts and associated data to represent various levels of customer contacts and related data entities. Use the Context Dictionary to review or update the default contexts, configure a different primary context, or add an additional customer context.
The Context Dictionary identifies the customer entities, the relationships between these entities, and any associated data to be used by Pega Customer Decision Hub.
By default, unless you import any accelerators such as an xCAR data model, the primary context is Customer, which is mapped to the <your organization name>-Data-Customer class, and the prospect context is Prospect, which is mapped to the <your organization name>-Data-Customer-Prospect class.
As part of implementing Pega Customer Decision Hub, review the available customer contexts and decide whether they fulfill your requirements.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- Review the primary context.
- Click the Configure icon by the name of a context.
- Review the available properties.
- If you defined a new extended customer class, select it in the Class field.
- Review the associated data. If you want to define additional associated data for your base customer class, see Adding associated static data in the Customer Profile Designer.
- Optional: To add a new context, click Add context and specify the name, customer class, and optional exclusion list.
- Optional: To set your new context as the primary Context, click Change
primary and select the context in the Select Primary
Context dialog box.
- Optional: If you want to select a non-default location for context storage, select it in the
Context storage section.By default, the data resides in a relational database supported by Pega Customer Decision Hub in the form of a database table. If you plan to use segmentation, all data must be synchronized between the decision datastore and the relational tables.
- Click Save.