Extending and updating the MKTProfileHeaderSearchOverlay section
After creating a custom customer class, extend the rules that are related to customer profile. Update the MKTProfileHeaderSearchOverlaysection to use the extended customer class and the equivalent properties. This is necessary for the search result to display as expected.
MKTProfileHeaderSearchOverlay is the section that hard codes the customer identifier and name properties to those in the out-of-the-box customer class.
- In the Dev Studio header search text field, enter mktprofileheadersearchoverlay, and then select the MKTProfileHeaderSearchOverlay section from the search results.
- Click Save as.
- In the Apply to field, enter the Data-Portal class.
- In the Add to ruleset section, select your Rules ruleset.
- Click Create and open.
- Click Check out.
- On the Pages & Classes tab, for the MKTProfileCustomerList.pxResults page name, replace the value in the Class column with the customer class name that you configured in Creating your customer class.
- On the Design tab, click the Table layout panel, and click the Gear icon.
- Click Submit.
Result: The class displayed in the table layout should refresh to the custom customer class.
- For each property field in the table:
- Click the property field, and then click the Gear icon.
- Update the Link property field to the corresponding property for the custom customer class.
- Click the Actions tab.
- Expand the first Refresh-Other section action.
- In the Data Transform section, update the values passed into the CustomerID and FullName parameters to their respective properties from the custom customer class.
- Expand the second Refresh other section action.
- In the Data Transform section, update the value passed into the CustomerID parameter to its corresponding property from the custom customer class.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
- Click Check in.
- In the modal dialog box, type in the comment, and then click Check in.
Previous topic Extending and updating the CustomerSearchResultGrid section Next topic Optimizing properties to speed up segment creation