Running the Pega Customer Decision Hub Setup Utility
This content applies only to On-premises and Client-managed cloud environments
The Pega Customer Decision Hub Setup Utility is used to run database scripts
against your database. It can be run either interactively, or with a preconfigured
database.properties file. It requires the appropriate JDBC driver file
for your database.
Pega Customer Decision Hub Installation Guide
- Copy the JDBC JAR file for your database to ResourceKit/setup/core/lib.
- To interactively create the properties file, skip to step 4.
- To use a preconfigured properties file, create the file
database.propertiesin the ResourceKit/setup folder, and set the properties as appropriate for your database. The file
database.properties.templatedescribes each property. You can use it as a template when you create your file.
- Run the script setup.bat (Windows) or
setup.sh (Unix/Linux). The utility validates the DB connection
and generates scripts based upon the properties set in the
database.propertiesfile. The scripts are created under the Generated folder.
- After the scripts are generated, you are prompted to execute the scripts or cancel setup. You can review the scripts before executing them.
- After running the scripts, you can review the
run_sql_errors_<hostname>.logfile in the logs folder to make sure that there are no critical errors.
Note: If you are installing Pega Customer Decision Hub for the first time, you may see a Drop Procedure error. You can ignore this error. Previous topic Importing the application bundles Next topic Restarting the application server