Importing the application bundles
This content applies only to On-premises and Client-managed cloud environments
Import the application bundles from the distribution media.
Rules/PegaCDH_Core_0806.zip. This contains the Pega Customer Decision Hub framework application which consists of schema changes, JAR files, and rulesets required by Pega Customer Decision Hub that are not shipped separately.
- Log in to Pega Platform as [email protected].
- To open the Import wizard, in Dev Studio, click .
- Click Choose File, browse for the
Rules/PegaCDH_Core_0806.zipfile from your distribution media, and follow the wizard instructions.
When you import the
Rules/PegaCDH_Core_0806.zip, errors related to library compilation and the column populator appear in the log file. To resolve them, log out and restart the application server, then continue the import process.
Make sure that the check box Automatically run Upgrade Application Schema when import is complete on the Schema changes page is checked before you proceed with the
Caution: Do not select the Enable advanced mode to provide granular control over the import process check box. The check box must be cleared to ensure that you import all components. Result: The wizard identifies differences between the database schema of your current system and the schema of Pega Customer Decision Hub 8.6.
- Based on the review of the database policies and application permissions that are used
by your Pega Platform installation, perform the appropriate step:
- Select the Automatic check box and complete the wizard.
- Select Manual and complete the following steps:
- Click View/Download DDL SQL. This produces a text file containing Data Definition Language (DDL) statements for the needed changes.
- Save the DDL file and deliver it to a database administrator to make the required changes. Depending on your organization’s policies, database administrators might need to review these DDL files to determine what changes will occur prior to applying the DDL to your database.
- After the database administrator has applied the DDL, repeat the Import wizard steps.
- Apply the required hotfixes. The list of required hotfixes can be found here: Required Pega Customer Decision Hub and Pega Marketing hotfixes and here Required Pega 1:1 Operations Manager hotfixes.
- Optional: For best performance and initial user experience, run the Static Assembler utility to pre-assemble the rules in the application. For more information, see Preassembling rules in an application by using the Static Assembler utility.
Previous topic JDBC URL syntax Next topic Restarting the application server