Analyzing group descriptions
Value Finder provides insight about under-served customers by identifying and describing three groups that have a high occurrence of under-served customers. Review each group's information to understand why there are no relevant actions available for these customers, and use this knowledge to improve your next-best-action strategy.
- Log in to the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal.
- In the navigation pane of the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click .
- Run a simulation.For more information, see Running Value Finder simulations.
- In the Top opportunities section, click Under-served customers after eligibility.
- In the Top discovered customer groups section, review the
groups that Value Finder identified.
Value Finder provides the following information about each group:
- Group characteristics, such as age or credit card ownership.
- Under-served customers
- The number of under-served customers in the group.
- The number of under-served customers in the group divided by the total number of customers in the group. If the accuracy is at 100%, this means that all customers in the group are under-served. If the accuracy is lower, for example at 80%, this means that 80% of the customers in the group are under-served. The remaining 20% have at least one action above the propensity threshold.
- Optional: To get additional information about a group, click the
More icon, and then click View
Value Finder provides the following information for each group:
- Total customers in group
- The number of customers in the group, both under-served and well-engaged.
- Percentage of under-served retrieved in this group
- The number of under-served customers in the group divided by the overall number of under-served customers in the audience. This measure shows what fraction of all under-served customers in the audience Value Finder retrieves for this group.
- Optional: To get more actionable group definitions that you can later save as audiences,
manage the descriptive fields used to define the groups:
Note: Deselecting fields to exclude them from the descriptions lowers the accuracy of the group descriptions.
- Click Manage descriptive fields.
- If you want to remove a field from the group description, in the Used fields list, click the Close this item icon next to the field name.
- If you want to add a field to the group description, in the Ignored fields list, click the Close this item icon next to the field name.
- Save the changes by clicking anywhere outside the dialog box.
Result: Value Finder updates the group descriptions by using the selected fields and recalculates the number of under-served customers, accuracy, and recall measures. Previous topic Setting the under-served threshold Next topic Saving customer groups as audiences