Assigning custom reports to simulation tests
You can create custom reports and assign them to simulation tests. By using this feature, you can adjust simulation reports to your business needs, for example, by configuring a report to show additional or more detailed data.
Pega Customer Decision Hub
- Create an output that is the source for your report or use an existing output
by performing the following actions:Reports are based on outputs
- Create a new output for your simulation test by performing the following
A new output is created in your application together with a new class Data-Output_Name, for example, Data-MyDataTable.
- In the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click Simulation Testing.
- Select a simulation test to assign it a new output by clicking in the Actions column, next to that simulation's
ID.You can add outputs to simulation tests whose status is New or Completed.
- On the Edit Simulation Test screen, in the Assign output destinations section, click Create New.
- In the Create new output window, enter the name of your output, for example, MyDataTable, and select the output type, for example, Database Table.
- Click Done.
- In Dev Studio, create a report definition.You must create a report definition in the same class as the output that you want to assign to this rule. For example, if you want to assign a report to MyDataTable that is in class Data-MyDataTable, you must create a report definition in the same class ( Data-MyDataTable ). For more information, see Creating advanced reports.
- Enable the report definition as a simulation report by performing the following
- On the Report Definition form, click the Report Viewer tab to open it.
- In the Report header section, complete the Report title field.
- Create the report shortcut.For more information, see Creating a report shortcut.
- Configure the report definition to fetch data that is related to the target simulation
test by performing the following actions:
- On the Report Definition form, click the Pages & Classes tab to open it.
- Click the Add item icon to create a page.
- In the Page name column, enter pyWorkPage.
- In the Class column, enter Pega-DM-Batch-Work.
- Add a filter condition so that the report definition fetches only the data that is
related to target simulation test by performing the following steps:
- On the Report Definition form, click the Query tab to open it.
- In the Edit filters section, click Add filter.
- In the Column source field, enter .pyWorkID.
- In the Relationship drop-down, select Is equal.
- In the Value field, enter pyWorkPage.pyID.
- Make sure that Filter conditions to apply and Condition fields contain the same value, for example, A.
- Save the rule.The report is now available in Pega Customer Decision Hub to assign to an output that you created in step 2.
Previous topic Comparing simulation tests Next topic Scheduling simulation tests