Facebook Lead Ads provides a mechanism to drive individuals from an anonymous to a known state by running lead generation campaigns on Facebook and Instagram. They include a contact form for individuals that allows them to get in touch with a business. Leads generated with Facebook Lead Ads are captured directly in Pega Customer Decision Hub. For more information about Facebook Lead Ads, see Lead ads.
- Ensure that your application can both send and receive data from Facebook.
- Obtain a Facebook Ads access token with the following permissions:
- Request the leads_retrieval and manage_pages permissions for Facebook Ads Lead Retrieval API and submit your app to App Review. These permissions are necessary to retrieve lead information once a lead ID is received from Webhooks.
- In the Facebook Ads destination configuration, enter the access token and select Enable Lead Generation. Auto-generated Webhook URL and token appear.
- In Facebook Ads, configure the Webhook URL and token, and subscribe to lead generation. For more information, refer to Facebook Ads documentation.
- Optional: If you changed the field names in the Facebook lead form, edit the data transform PegaMKT-Data-PaidMedia-LeadAdResponse.FacebookFieldMapping.
- Optional: Modify the default activity that saves captured leads to better integrate it with your lead handling process. The name of the activity is PegaMKT-Data-PaidMedia-LeadAdResponse.ProcessProspect.