Configure an inbound SMS account which Pega Customer Decision Hub uses to listen for Customer responses to actions, and then specify how to process inbound SMS messages that are received by this inbound SMS account.
When the inbound SMS account receives a message, Pega Customer Decision Hub checks the sender's phone number against the Customer table to find the Customer who sent the message. If no matching Customer is found, the message is treated as an error and moved to the UnhandledInboundSMS workbasket for further processing.
You can configure the inbound SMS account to parse the SMS text to determine the response, and then associate each response with a different action. In a simpler scenario, you can associate all responses to a particular account with a single action.
- In App Studio, click .
- Click Add connection.
- In the Connection Setup tab, fill out the required connection
- Account name - A unique name for the inbound SMS account, for example, InboundSMSMain. The name must contain only letters and numbers.
- Host address - The address of the SMS center host, for example, my.smsc.com.
- Host port - The port number of the SMS center host, for example, 1041.
- Inbox address - The address of the SMS inbox on which Pega Customer Decision Hub should listen for responses.
- IP address - The IP address of the SMS center host.
- User ID and Password - Authentication credentials for the SMS account.
- Optional: In the Additional settings tab, specify the name and value for
any additional SMPP configuration settings which are not available in the
Connection Setup tab.
- In the Response behaviors tab, specify how the application
should process inbound SMS messages.
- Optional: Specify what type of messages this inbound SMS account will receive.The following options are available:
- Messages and delivery receipts - The SMS account can receive incoming messages, as well as delivery receipts for SMS messages which Pega Customer Decision Hub sends to Customers.
- Delivery receipts only - The SMS account can receive only delivery receipts.
- Select how Pega Customer Decision Hub should match received messages to
- One response - Select this option to assign the same action and response value for all SMS messages received on this account.
- Decision table - Select this option to select one or more decision tables which associate the received message with a positive or negative action response. Each result from the decision table can be associated with the same action or with different individual actions.
- Configure the necessary settings for matching received messages to responses.
- If you selected the One response option, in the Responses for inbound messages section, select an action and a response. Depending on the selected response, all incoming messages are treated as either acceptance or rejection for the selected action.
- If you selected the Decision table option, in the Manage decision tables section, configure how the incoming messages should be matched to actions, and then select the decision table for parsing the response. For more information, see Using Decision Tables to Manage SMS Action Responses.
- Specify how Pega Customer Decision Hub should process responses to actions
which are not active for a given Customer:
- Push it to a workbasket – Select this option to prevent Customers from responding to actions which are not active for them. Responses to inactive actions are treated as an error and moved to the UnhandledInboundSMS workbasket for further processing. You can access this workbasket in the Case Manager portal.
- Start the action for the customer – Select this option to initiate a new action for the Customer if they respond to an action which is not active for them.
- Optional: Specify what type of messages this inbound SMS account will receive.
- Click OK.
- Toggle the control in the Running column to start listening for
incoming messages. The Connection status column indicates the current status of the account.