Predict business events and customer behavior by creating predictions that learn in real time, based on the incoming customer responses.
- In the navigation pane of Prediction Studio, click Predictions.
- In the header of the Predictions work area, click New.
- In the New prediction window, specify what you want to predict.
- Start the Prediction wizard by clicking Start.
- In the Select data wizard step, select I do not
have historical data, and then click
Next.If you want to create a prediction with historical data, see Creating predictions with historical data.
- In the Prediction configuration wizard step, review the response labels for the prediction, and then click Next.
- In the Select predictors wizard step, select the fields
that you want to use as input for the prediction.To increase the accuracy of your prediction, select a wide range of fields to use as predictors. Do not include fields that are not suitable as predictors, for example, the Identifier and Date Time fields. For more information, see Best practices for choosing predictors.
- Confirm your choice of predictors by clicking Next.
- In the Review prediction wizard step, review the
prediction settings, and then complete the model creation process by clicking
Create.When you create predictions, Prediction Studio creates adaptive models as the basis of the predictions. For more information about adaptive models, see Adaptive analytics.
- To change the prediction settings at this stage, in the Prediction workspace, click Configure, and then make your changes.
- Click Save.
- If you are using parameterized predictors, add them to the adaptive model that
is the basis of the prediction.For more information, see Adding parameterized predictors.
- Optional: To customize your prediction, for example, by changing the control group settings or by configuring the response time-out, see Customizing predictions.