Event Strategy Manager (ESM) is a Pega Platform feature that enables users to design and execute event strategies that detect patterns in streams of customer data and react to these patterns by taking the Next Best Action for the customer.
Further, users can integrate ESM with Pega Customer Decision Hub Real-Time Events. This integration enables the triggering of a Real-Time Event in Pega Customer Decision Hub by an ESM Data Flow.
Pega Customer Decision Hub provides integration support for ESM in a variety of deployment scenarios:
- Pega Customer Decision Hub and ESM are deployed on same instance, ESM Data Flows have access to the Pega Customer Decision Hub application.
- Pega Customer Decision Hub and ESM are deployed on same instance, ESM Data Flows do not have access to the Pega Customer Decision Hub application.
- Pega Customer Decision Hub and ESM are deployed on different instances.
In scenario 1, integrators can directly use a hook activity. For scenarios 2 and 3, integrators will need to use an integration ruleset.
Directly use hook activity
In this scenario, the integration steps are minimal since the two components are both available as part of the same application. To trigger a Real-Time Event from an ESM Data Flow, configure the destination of the Data Flow to be the TriggerPegaMKTEvent activity.
Use the parameters of this activity to specify the values necessary for triggering the Real-Time Event, such as EventName and CustomerID. The EventType parameter determines which Event service will be invoked. Pass in either HTTP or SOAP for this parameter based on the protocol you wish to utilize.
The SampleCEPDF Data Flow rule provides an example configuration that invokes the hook activity.
Use integration ruleset
In scenarios where the ESM application doesn't have access to Pega Customer Decision Hub, integrators need to first add the PegaMKT-Integration ruleset to their ESM application.
This ruleset includes the following items that enable the triggering of Pega Customer Decision Hub Events:
- TriggerPegaMKTEvent Activity rule - Use this activity (as described previously) to trigger a Real-Time Event in Pega Customer Decision Hub.
- ConnectMKTURL Dynamic System Setting - Update this setting to the URL where the Pega Customer Decision Hub application is deployed.
- MKT_Integration:SysAdmins Access Group - Update this access group to reference the application that has access to the PegaMKT-Integration ruleset.