Running a decision strategy simulation on sampled production data
After migrating the data, run simulations on the sample production data that you imported. You can use the customer sampling data set as a source to run simulations in the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal.
- In your Business Operations environment, in the navigation pane of the Pega Customer Decision Hub, click Simulation testing.
- On the Simulation Testing landing page, open a new simulation instance by clicking Create.
- In the New Simulation Test work area, configure the
- In the Context section, in the Application context list, select the application revision version on which you want to run the simulation.
- In the Purpose list, select the reason why you want to run the simulation.
- In the Configure inputs section, define the data sources
for your simulation:
- In the Strategy panel, click Configure.
- In the Strategy dialog box, select the strategy on which you want to run the simulation by clicking Add in the applicable row, and then clicking Apply.
- In the Input panel, click Configure.
- In the Input dialog box, select the data set
that contains the sample artifacts that you generated in Dev Studio by clicking Add in
the applicable row, and then clicking
For example: Select SampledUniqueCustomers, as in the following graphic:
- Optional: In the Simulation ID prefix panel, change the default prefix for the simulation name by clicking the Edit icon, entering your custom name, and clicking Done. For example, enter: NextBestAcSampledUni.
- In the Assign output destinations section, specify where
you want to save the output of your simulation:
- To select an existing destination, click Add existing, click Add in the applicable row, and then click Apply.
- To add a new destination, click Create new,
specify the name and type of the new output, and then click
For example, you can save your simulation results in a database table or in Visual Business Director. The output name cannot contain any special characters.
- Optional: To clear the results of previous simulations tests in the outputs for every run, select the Overwrite outputs from previous simulations check box.
- In the Assign reports to outputs section, define which
reports you want to link to the outputs:
- In the Reports panel, click Configure.
- In the Assign reports to outputs dialog box, select an output, a report category, and a report that you want to assign to the output, and then click Done.
- On the Simulation Settings landing page, click Submit and Run, and then monitor the progress of the simulation.
Compare the results with the outcome of the original strategy before the changes to help you verify whether the updates produce the results that you expected.
To view the main process outline for this tutorial, see Configuring the system for running simulations of decision strategies.
Previous topic Testing the impact of strategy design changes with simulation runs Next topic Using sampled production data to test the performance of proposition filters