Next, the marketer can select the action they want to use in their Outbound Campaign. The action portion of the Outbound Campaign focuses on the promotional content that the marketer wishes to communicate and the channels they wish to utilize.
The marketer can review their existing actions (along with pertinent details) right from the Outbound Campaign canvas. They can also create a new action and reference it in the Outbound Campaign.
The Action card in the Outbound Campaign canvas displays the currently selected action and its details. Initially, this card is empty.
Marketers can click anywhere in the card to launch the Configure action dialog. This dialog presents the twenty most recently updated actions in the system. The View more results link at the bottom of the list enables users to load the next twenty actions. Users can also utilize the search box to search for actions by name or description. The Refresh link refreshes the list of actions, retaining any search criteria that was previously entered.
Each action is represented by a card in the list.
This card contains the following details about the action:
- Action name. Users can click the name to open the action rule.
- Action description
- Conversion rate of the action
- Impression rate of the action
- Volume of the action – number of times this action has been made
- Channels utilized by this action. Each channel is represented by its icon. Supported channels include Email, SMS, Passbook, Push Notification, and File/Database.
- Availability of the action – duration when this action is available, if start and end dates are set on the action
- Image associated with the action (if any)
- Draft status of the action – Draft icon appears if the action is in draft mode
Clicking an Action card selects the action. The right pane in the Configure action modal displays further information about the engagement content that the action utilizes.
This information is grouped by communication channel and includes every channel that the action uses. In the example action above, all supported channels are being used. For each engagement, relevant information - such as the Email Treatment name or the Push Notification message - is displayed. Users can click the treatment name to open the associated treatment rule.
To complete the selection process, click the Add button to denote the selected action as the Outbound Campaign action. The Action card is updated to reflect the selected action. This card shows pertinent details about the action. This provides the user with a comprehensive summary of the selected action. The user can still open the referenced action by clicking the name link.
The Delete link in the bottom right corner of the action card (in edit mode) allows the user to remove the selected action. They can then select a different action using the process outlined above.