If you selected the Decision table option while configuring response behavior for your inbound SMS account, you must select one or more decision tables which associate inbound SMS messages with a positive or negative action response. Each result from the decision table can be associated with the same action or with different individual actions.
- In Dev Studio, configure a decision table in the PegaMKT-Work-Offer
class. Below are some considerations for accessing message and Customer data in decision
- Customer data is available through the .Customer page property under the action class.
- Inbound message data is available through the .InboundResponseData.SMS page property under the action class. The .InboundResponseData.SMS page includes properties for the incoming number (.SourceNumber) and the message content (.MessageBody).
- The below screenshot shows a predefined InboundSMSParsingSample1
decision table, which you can use as template to create your own decision
Note: If you want to use more than one decision table, do not specify a return value for the otherwise row in the decision tables. Leaving the otherwise row blank allows Pega Customer Decision Hub to move on to evaluating the next decision table in the list.
- In the Manage decision tables section of the Response
behaviors tab, select one of the following options:
- One action – Select this option if all messages received on this account should be associated with a single action.
- Individual actions – Select this option if this account receives responses to multiple actions. In this case, specify each action name alongside the response value in the decision table grid.
- Optional: If you selected the One action option, use the Action field to specify the action with which all incoming messages should be associated.
- Select a decision table and click Add decision table.
- For each decision table result, select the response value and, if applicable, an action
- Optional: Select and add another decision table.When an inbound message arrives, Pega Customer Decision Hub evaluates the decision tables from top to bottom until it finds a matching decision result.