Using Geofences in strategies
Pega Customer Decision Hub Strategies can use Geofences to filter action inputs, or as a driver preceding proposition import. To do this, add a Geofence Filter shape to the Strategy canvas and configure its properties to reference a Geofence you created. For more information about Geofences, see Geofences .
Pega Customer Decision Hub
- To add a Geofence Filter shape, in the Strategy canvas, right-click anywhere in the canvas, and then click .
- Right-click the Geofence Filter shape, and then click Properties.
- In the Geofence Filter Properties dialog box, in the section, specify whether you want to add Geofences one at a time, or in
bulk. The following options are available:
Select Geofences one at a time
Select multiple Geofences
- Select one or more Geofences that you want to use to filter action inputs. When the Strategy runs, each Geofence rule is evaluated until a Geofence is satisfied, that is, the Customer location is within the Geofence. The Geofence rules are evaluated from the top to the bottom of the list. Reorder the list if you want to give priority to specific Geofences.
- In the section, specify how the Geofence shape should behave when the Customer
location is not available. Select one of the following options:
Exclude source component results
Pass through source component results
- Optional: In the section, configure the properties that are used to determine the latitude
and longitude of the Customer location. The default location properties are set by the
application administrator. To change the location properties, select one of the following
- Location data from the Customer profile – Prefix the property with Primary. , for example, Primary.Latitude
- Location data from the action data – Prefix the property with a period, for example, .Latitude
- Calculated fields – Prefix the property with the name of a Strategy shape
- Optional: In the Real-Time Events. section, select the Use Customer location from Real-Time Event if available check box to use location data from a triggered Event. If location data is not available for the Event, the customer location fields specified in step 6 will be used. For more information about Events, see
- Click Submit.
- Connect the Geofence Filter shape to other shapes as appropriate.
Previous topic Contact policies and action bundles Next topic Supplementing next-best-action with traditional outbound campaigns