Using the Strategy Builder
The Strategy Builder walks you through the process of designing your marketing Strategies.
Pega Customer Decision Hub
- To create a new Strategy with the Strategy Builder, click on the Strategies landing page.
- Enter the Strategy name. The system automatically generates an identifier for the Strategy based on the specified name. To change the identifier, click the Edit icon.
- Enter the Strategy description.
- In the Purpose section, click Configure.
- For Pega Customer Decision Hub strategies, in the Configure
Objective window, select a Strategy objective by clicking
Add, and then click Apply. For more information about using this window, see the Using a Configuration Modal Window Using a Configuration Modal Window appendix. A new configuration section for the selected objective appears under the Purpose section. The contents of the configuration section depend on the objective which you selected.
- For retail banking strategies in Pega Customer Decision Hub for Financial Services, in the
Configure Objective window, select Calculate Customer
Lifetime Value by clicking Add, and then
Apply.For more information about using this window, see the Using a Configuration Modal Window appendix. A new configuration section for the selected objective appears under the Purpose section. The contents of the configuration section depend on the objective which you selected.
- Configure the selected objective. For more information, see Configuring the Objective.
- Click Save. Any configuration errors are displayed on top of the page. You must resolve them before the Strategy is generated.
- Click to review the generated Strategy.
- Optional: Manually configure the Strategy.
- For general information about Strategy configuration in Pega Platform, see About Strategy rules.
- For information about Strategy configuration specific to Pega Customer Decision Hub, see Configuring Pega Customer Decision Hub Strategies.
- Optional: To delete the Strategy Builder configuration for this Strategy, click
Delete. This does not remove the generated Strategy, only the ability to edit it in the Strategy Builder.
Note: You can also use the Strategy Builder to edit existing Strategies. To access the Strategy Builder for an existing Strategy, find the Strategy on the Strategies landing page and click . If you make any manual changes to your Strategy, and then edit the Strategy using the Strategy Builder, your manual changes will be overwritten. Previous topic Creating strategies Next topic Configuring the objective