Analyzing group descriptions
Value Finder provides insight about underserved customers by identifying and describing groups that have a high occurrence of underserved customers. Review each group's information to understand why there are no relevant actions available for these customers, and use this knowledge to improve your decision strategy.
Value Finder only provides customer group descriptions for the recommendation Create more relevant actions or treatments, as shown in the following figure:
- Log in to the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal.
- In the navigation pane of the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click .
- Run a simulation.For more information, see Running Value Finder simulations.
- In the Recommendations section, click the recommendation Create more relevant actions or treatments.
- In the top-left corner of the Create more relevant actions or
treatments window, display the number of underserved customers
after each stage by clicking Eligibility,
Note: The numbers are cumulative for each consecutive stage of the decision funnel.
The tabs display the following information:
- Shows how many customers are underserved after eligibility.
- Shows how many customers are underserved after eligibility and applicability.
- Shows how many customers are underserved after eligibility, applicability, and suitability.
- In the Top discovered groups section, review the groups
that Value Finder identified.
Value Finder provides the following information about each group:
- Group characteristics, such as age or credit card ownership.
- Under-served customers
- The number of underserved customers in the group.
- The number of underserved customers in the group divided by the total number of customers in the group, underserved plus well-served. If the accuracy is at 100%, this means that all customers in the group are underserved. In reality, the accuracy is never at 100%. An accuracy of 80% means that 80% of customers in the group are underserved. The remaining 20% have at least one action above the propensity threshold.
- Optional: To get additional information about a group, click the
More icon, and then click View
Value Finder provides the following information for each group:
- Total customers in group
- The number of customers in the group, both underserved and well-served.
- Percentage of under-served retrieved in this group
- The number of underserved customers in the group divided by the overall number of underserved customers in the audience at this stage. This measure shows what fraction of all underserved customers in the audience Value Finder retrieves for this group.
- Optional: To get more actionable group definitions that you can later save as audiences,
manage the descriptive fields used to define the groups:
Note: Deselecting fields to exclude them from the descriptions lowers the accuracy of the group descriptions.
- Click Manage descriptive fields.
- If you want to remove a field from the group description, in the Used fields list, click the Close this item icon next to the field name.
- If you want to add a field to the group description, in the Ignored fields list, click the Close this item icon next to the field name.
- Save the changes by clicking anywhere outside the dialog box.
Result: Value Finder updates the group descriptions by using the selected fields and recalculates the number of underserved customers, accuracy, and recall measures. Previous topic Setting the underserved threshold Next topic Saving customer groups as audiences