Configure the Dev Studio migration settings to build a framework for your Business Operations environment and to run tests on a sample set of migrated production data.
Create a repository for storing the data during migration from the production environment to the Business Operations environment. The repository must be visible by these two environments. For more information, see File and content storage.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Data Migration landing page, in the Data to transfer field, enter the name of the class with customer data that you want to use as the source of production data for simulations, for example, Data-Decision-Request-Customer.
- Optional: Move the Inbound sample size to transfer slider to a position that represents the percentage of data that you want to migrate to the Business Operations environment for your inbound sample; the default inbound sample size is 5%.
- Optional: Move the Outbound sample size to transfer slider to a
position that represents the percentage of data that you want to migrate to the
Business Operations environment for your outbound sample; the default outbound
sample size is 10%.
Note: This option is only available in systems with Pega Customer Decision Hub.
- For on-premises configurations, in the Storage section, in the Repository field, enter the name of the repository that you want to use to store the data before importing into the simulation environment.
- In the Supporting artifacts section, select an open ruleset and version in which you want to save the artifacts for the data transfer.
- Confirm the migration settings by clicking Save.
Result: When you save the configuration a set of migration artifacts is generated, including:
- Sampling data sets and data flows
- File repository data sets
- Data export data flows
- Data import data flows
- In the Supporting artifacts section, verify the migration artifacts by clicking Show artifacts, and then analyzing the records that were generated.
Promote the application in the production and Business Operations environments. For more information, see Promoting an application in the production and Business Operations environments.
To view the main process outline for this tutorial, see Configuring the system for running simulations of decision strategies.