Configuring the delivery of multiple treatments with the Send Multiple shape
The Send Multiple Treatments shape enables the user to configure treatments to be delivered across different channels (currently Email, SMS, or Passbook). The user also specifies the logic which determines the channel to be used for delivery. When the Flow executes, the correct delivery channel is determined and the treatment specified for this channel is delivered.
The following configurations options are available for specifying the treatments and channels for this shape:
- Treatment Origin – This setting determines how the channel for
delivery is determined. The two options are:
- Strategy/Action – In this scenario, the channel value determined by strategy execution (as part of a run) is used as the delivery channel. The user can alternately set the channel value (.OfferData.pyChannel property) directly in the Flow prior to this shape.
- Decision Rule – In this scenario, the channel value is determined by executing a decision rule. The user must also specify the Decision Type (decision table or decision tree) and the name of the Decision Rule.
- Treatments – This group of settings is used to specify the
treatments for delivery. The user can select the channels available for delivery by
enabling the Outbound Email, Outbound SMS, and Passbook check boxes. The configuration
options available for each channel are similar to those present on the channel-specific
delivery shapes. Refer to the descriptions provided for each of these shapes for more
- Outbound Email – Send Email shape
- Outbound SMS – Send SMS shape
- Passbook – Send Passbook shape
- Default Treatment – This setting determines the default channel value to use in case the channel returned by the Treatment Origin setting is either undefined or not currently supported. The values available for this setting are predicated by the channels that are enabled in the Treatments group.
Wait After Sending
Users can determine whether they would like to wait after the processing of this shape or proceed directly to the next step in the Flow. The wait options available are the same for all wait-based shapes and are described in the section on the Wait shape.
Emails and SMS messages can be delivered in various ways - they can be sent by the system (Online mode) or they can be written to a data warehouse for processing by other systems (File and DB modes). Users can enable one or more of these modes at the same time.
The configuration options available are similar to the ones available for the Send Email and Send SMS shapes. These options are situated in the following areas of the Send Multiple Treatments shape:
- Write to File/DB options – In the Output section
- Email Account options – In the Advanced section
- SMS Account options – In the Advanced section
Previous topic Configuring the delivery of a generic treatment with the Send Generic shape Next topic Configuring the delivery of passbook treatments with the Send Passbook shape