To create a new template for database exports, complete the following steps:
- In App Studio, click .
- On the Treatments landing page, click .
- Enter a description of the template.
- Select the issue and group for storing the database template rule.To create the rule at the top level of your next-best-action business structure, leave the Issue and Group fields empty. The level at which you create the template determines the attributes (action details) that are available for use within the template.
- Click Create and open.
- Provide the following information:
- In the Database field, specify the name of the Database rule (Data-Admin-DB-Name) that points to the database where the system writes output records for the output template.
- In the Table field, enter the name of the table where you want to write the output content for this template.
- Specify whether you want to finalize the template at the end of each outbound
run.By finalizing a template at the end of each outbound run, you ensure that all actions from the run are written to the database at the same time. That is, the final output includes all data related to the run that triggered the finalization. .
Note: If you choose to finalize the template at the end of the run, all data from the run is appended to the existing data in the table.
- If you did not choose to finalize the template at the end of each run, specify
how you want to write the information to the destination database:
- To replace the data in the destination table with new data, select the Overwrite existing data check box.
- To add new data to the destination table, select the Append to existing data check box.