Creating globally optimized strategies
Create a globally optimized strategy by referencing an existing strategy that you want to optimize.
Pega Customer Decision Hub
- Log in to your application as an operator with access to Dev Studio.
- In Dev Studio, in the left navigation pane, click .
- Click .
- On the Create Strategy form, select Create globally optimized strategy.
- Enter a label for the strategy, and then click Create and open.
- On the Global optimization tab, select a top-level strategy that
you want to optimize.A globally optimized strategy cannot reference another globally optimized strategy.
- Optional: To see the optimization status of individual substrategies and strategy components,
click Expand strategies.
Note: A strategy may have Partially optimized or Not optimized status when its components contain expressions with unsupported functions. To learn how to optimize such strategies, see Optimizing strategies with allow list functions.
- Click Save.
- Optional: In the Test tab, compare the results of the optimized strategy to
the normal version by clicking Compare.
Note: Most fields should have exactly the same value for GOS execution and normal strategy execution, except some special fields, such as Interaction ID, Decision Reference, or Decision Time.
- Reference the globally optimized strategy in a data flow by using a Strategy
Caution: Do not reference globally optimized strategies from legacy data flow components such as Run Strategy, or legacy rule types such as Interaction rules. GOS does not support legacy ways of invoking strategies, so referencing GOS from an unsupported component may result in issues. Instead, to use globally optimized strategies, edit the data flow to include a Strategy component. Previous topic Understanding globally optimized strategies Next topic Frequently asked questions about globally optimized strategies