Creating prospect segments
After you import a prospect list, Pega Customer Decision Hub automatically creates a segment for the prospects. You can also manually create new prospect segments. Before you can use these segments in campaigns, you must first run the segment to populate it.
Pega Customer Decision Hub
- Click .
- Click Create.
- Enter a Description for the new Segment.
- In the Context section, select
Note: If you want to create a segment for existing customers instead, see Defining customer audiences with customer segments.
- In the Type section, select Criteria.
Note: The List segment type, available for regular segments, is not supported for prospect-based segments. However, after you import a prospect list as described in Importing prospect lists, you can use it as a criterion by selecting it in the List Name field.
- Click Create and Open.
- Add criteria groups to your segment.If you specified a prospect list, it is automatically included as a criterion. You can configure further criteria, as described in Designing Criteria Segments in the "Segments" chapter, with the following notes specific to prospect segments:
- Analytical criteria (both modeled and static) are not available for prospect-based segments.
- The data fields that are available as criteria are those that are defined on the Prospect class.
- Click Save. The prospect segment is saved and checked in.
- Click Run to populate the segment with the current set of
customers. You can click Stop to stop the segment execution, or continue with other work while the segment populates. After Pega Customer Decision Hub finishes populating the segment, the total number of customers in this segment is displayed in the Population count field.
- Optional: To automatically refresh your segment, configure a schedule. For more information, see Optional: Configuring Criteria Segment Runs in the "Segments" chapter.
- Optional: To use your segments for prospecting on external ad platforms, configure the paid synchronization settings in the Paid sync tab. For more information, see Enabling segment updates on paid destinations in the "Paid Media Manager" chapter.
Previous topic Understanding the Prospect Import wizard Next topic Using campaigns to target potential customers