Disabling the Decision Data Store as action state storage on Pega Cloud
New deployments of Pega Customer Decision Hub on Pega Cloud services are configured to use the Decision Data Store (DDS) to store action state. The DDS data sets manage large and active data from different sources and make it available for real-time and batch processing.When the DDS is used to store action data, the following features are disabled:
- Volume Constraints
- Wait volume overlays
- Campaign run restarts
- Direct output to template
If you want to use these features, you need to disable the DDS as action state storage, and then configure the campaigns and scheduled runs to write data to database tables.
- Disable the DDS service as action state storage:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- Clear the Use Decision Data Store for Action state storage check box, and then click Save.
- Go to Pega Customer Decision Hub portal to switch existing Campaigns and
Next-Best-Action Designer Scheduled runs to write to database
Note: In progress Campaigns and Scheduled runs continue to run and store Action data in the Decision Data Store. Choices Actions For each existing Scheduled Run (both Primary and Secondary schedules included)
- If the Scheduled Run is running, suspend it by going to: .
- Click .
- Edit the Recurrence section and set a valid recurrence schedule.
- Launch the Scheduled run by clicking .
Result: New runs for this Schedule will now store Action state data in database tables. For each existing Multi-channel Campaign
- If the Campaign is running, suspend it by going to Campaigns menu in the left navigation pane and clicking on Campaigns
- Choose the individual campaign you want to suspend, and click .
- Click the Edit button, and then update the Engagement section to a valid recurrence schedule if needed.
- Save the Campaign. You must edit and re-saved the Campaign even if there is no change required to the schedule.
- Launch the Multi-channel Campaign by clicking the
Result: New runs for this work object will now store Action state data in database tables. For each existing Outbound Campaign
- If the Campaign is scheduled for the future, suspend the Campaign by going to Campaigns menu in the left navigation pane and clicking on Campaigns
- Choose the individual campaign you want to suspend, and click the Suspend button.
- Click the Edit button, and then
Save the Campaign. You must edit and re-saved the Campaign even if there is no change required to the schedule.
- Schedule the Outbound Campaign by clicking .
Result: The Campaign Run for this work object will now store Action state data in database tables.
- Stop the DF_ProcessWaitingActions real-time data flow to
free up resources.
Caution: Perform this step only when all runs have been completed and there are no waiting Actions that are written to the Decision data store. Performing this step sooner could result in runs not completing properly and waiting Actions not expiring as expected.
- In the header of Dev Studio, in the search box, search for the class name Pega-DM-DDF-Work.
- Click Pega-DM-DDF-Work.
- Filter the ID column by DF_ProcessWaitingActions.
- Open the remaining instance with the ID DF_ProcessWaitingActions and then click Stop.
Previous topic Adding new response outcomes Next topic Pega Customer Decision Hub agents