Migrating Next-Best-Action Designer from version 1 to version 2
When planning the migration, consider the various environments that you may have in your pipeline. First do the migration in a single environment, in a dedicated, unlocked upgrade ruleset version, and then migrate all the rule changes to other environments in the pipeline.
Pega Customer Decision Hub
To migrate the Next-Best-Action Designer:
What to do next: After migrating Next-Best-Action Designer, review and test the
migrated strategies to ensure that they work with the new configuration.
- Suspend any outbound schedules defined for the existing Next-Best-Action configuration defined in Next-Best-Action Designer version 1.
- Ensure that all Pega Customer Decision Hub assets are checked in.
- Ensure that the ruleset and version used by your access group are unlocked, or create an unlocked version of the ruleset. By default, the ruleset used to store the configuration is Artifacts.
- Ensure that the ruleset and version used by your Context Dictionary is unlocked. You can check the ruleset and version on the landing page in App Studio.
- In Dev Studio, click .
- Click Create.
- Fill out the following information:
- Short description: optionally, enter the description of this Dynamic System Setting, for example, Enables the upgrade of Next-Best-Action Designer to version 2.
- Owning Ruleset: enter PegaMKT-Engine.
- Setting Purpose: enter MKTEnableNBADversion2Upgrade.
- Click Create and open.
- Set the value of the setting to true.
- Click Save.
- Log off from Pega Customer Decision Hub and then log back in.
- In App Studio or in the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click . The Next-Best-Action Designer now shows the option to upgrade to version 2.
- Click Migrate now. The configuration of Next-Best-Action and its strategy framework is upgraded.
- If you do not plan to implement action treatments, introduced in Pega Marketing 8.2,
deactivate Next-Best-Action treatment processing. This ensures that offers created before
the upgrade function correctly. After you associate your offers with treatments, you can
enable treatment processing again. For more information, see Treatments and channels.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Next-Best-Action Designer.
- Set the Channel treatment processing toggle to OFF.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Upgrading the Next-Best-Action Designer from legacy versions Next topic Updating Next-Best-Action Designer version 2 to support multilevel configurations