This is executed separately for each context after the engagement polices have been evaluated for that context, and performs the majority of the work within Next-Best-Action Designer.
The strategy framework is shipped with Pega Customer Decision Hub and is managed
by Next-Best-Action Designer. It comprises a top-level strategy called NBA Strategy
Framework and a set of related sub-strategies, most of which are provided as is, but some
are generated by Next-Best-Action Designer based on the Context Dictionary.
There are several extension points within the framework, and with the exception of these designated extension points, the framework strategies are not modifiable. To ensure upgradeability, avoid overtaking any part of the framework that is not a designated extension point. If you cannot implement the functionality you require using the extension points and feel that you need to overtake any part of the framework, please reach out to the Pega product team before doing so.
The figure below shows the whole of the top-level strategy framework. The following sections describe individual components of the framework in more detail.
- NBA Strategy framework components: External Input through to Constraints
- NBA Strategy framework components: Action scoring through to control group handling
- NBA Strategy framework components: Arbitrate through NBA Post-Process extension
- NBA Strategy framework components: Final Action Limits and Bundling strategy
- Additional NBA Strategy framework components
- NBA Strategy framework extension points