In the Options and Schedule tab of the Segment, you can configure various options for the Segment and schedule its execution. All settings in this section are optional and can be configured according to your needs.
- In the Data Options section, configure how data in the Segment is
refreshed at run time. The following options are available:
- Enable Transactional Refresh - Select this option for Segments that are used for exclusion lists or transactional notifications to customers. Transactional refresh is more resource-heavy than the default mode, but it ensures correct Segment population in the case of concurrent refreshes.
- Refreshable Segment - Segments which refer to this Segment as part of their criteria can automatically refresh this Segment when they are run.
- Refresh Child Segments - The Segment can automatically refresh data in its child segments, so long as they are marked as refreshable.
If the refreshable option is not enabled, then the Segment's contents will remain untouched and used as is in the criteria evaluation of the parent, and any child Segment beneath the non-refreshable Segments are also not refreshed.
- In the Sampled Segments Options section, select a sample of criteria results. For more information, see Control Groups.
- In the Control Group Options section, designate Segment results as a control group. For more information, see Control Groups.
- In the Scheduling Options section, select the Enable
Schedule check box to control when the segment runs.
- In the Delivery Options panel, configure the Pega Customer Decision Hub to send email notifications for scheduled runs and refreshes. You can customize the email by using the provided fields. The email recipient must be an operator in the system.