On the Arbitration tab of the Next-Best-Action Designer, you can define the AI controls used to decision on the Next-Best-Action for each customer. The customer data and insights help provide proactive contextual actions according to the customer's propensity, context, and other factors.
The following controls can be used by Pega Customer Decision Hub to select the Next-Best-Action for a customer. Each control can be toggled on and off. If you toggle a control off, it is no longer used to arbitrate Next-Best-Actions.
- Propensity is the likelihood of a customer responding positively to an action. The propensity can be calculated separately for every treatment. For example, if a customer is most likely to interact with a push notification, an action which has a push notification treatment is most suitable for that customer. It is also possible to apply propensity calculated to the action as a whole.
- Context weighting
- Pega Customer Decision Hub uses context weighting to consider the situational
context for each action. For example, if a customer contacts the call center to cancel
their service package due to concerns about the quality of their mobile service, the
Retention issue should take priority for that customer. In this example, the context
weighting can be defined as:
- Keys - Intent
- Value - Cancellation
- Issue / Group - Retention / Mobile
- Weighting (+/-) - 100 %
- Action value
- Action value assigns a financial value for each action and prioritizes high over low value. The base value is calculated with the Calculate Business Value strategy. The strategy uses a static business value property which you can enter on the Details tab of each action. The static values are used as input for the CalculateValueExtension strategy. By default, the CalculateValueExtension strategy does not have any calculation logic, and simply passes the static Value property directly to strategy results. To implement a custom logic for Value calculation, edit the CalculateValueExtension strategy.
- Business levers > Action weighting
- For each individual action, you can specify a static business weight (+/-) property on the Details tab of the action. Actions with a higher weight are prioritized over those with a lower weight. If you do not want to consider action weighting when deciding on Next-Best-Action, set this toggle to off.
- Business levers > Business purpose weighting
- You can specify a static Weighting (+/-) property for actions associated with a specific issue and group. Actions associated with higher-weight issues and groups are prioritized over those with a lower weight. If you do not want to consider business purpose weighting when deciding on Next-Best-Action, set this toggle to off.