A Seed List is a collection of artificial entities (also called “seeds”) that can be used to test, monitor, and validate various aspects of the processing infrastructure. For example, such a list can be used to test the timeliness and reliability of processes being handled by a third party.
Each seed represents a make-believe customer and all applicable customer attributes can be specified for a seed. Multiple lists, each containing their own seed data, can be created and managed within the application. These lists can be used to test the following capabilities:
- Campaign execution
- Action execution
- Personalized email delivery
- Personalized SMS delivery
Each of these modes of testing is explained in the chapter pertaining to the entity being tested (e.g. campaigns, actions, etc.).
Seed Lists are listed under the Seed Lists landing page, which is accessible in the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal via:.
The following actions are available on the Seed Lists landing page:
- Create – Create a new Seed List. See Creating a new Seed List.
- Refresh icon – Reload the Seed List grid
- Help – View context-sensitive help
- Close icon – Close the landing page