After you configure the connection to a paid destination and specify how individuals are matched to their accounts on that destination, use the Next-Best-Action Designer to enable Next-Best-Action decisions for paid channels.
The Next-Best-Action Designer allows you to define the Next-Best-Action decisions and requirements which apply to the whole organization, or to specific business issues or groups. You can use it to select the channels on which actions, such as product offers, are communicated to individuals. In addition, you can specify the triggers which cause the actions to be communicated to individuals, for example, scheduled outbound runs or real-time container updates.
To extend your Next-Best-Action to paid channels:
- Log in to the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal as an administrator.
- Click .
- In the Paid Media > Paid Destinations section, click Configure to select one or more paid destinations.
- Specify the trigger or triggers for the audience update.
For more examples on how to configure and implement this capability, see Enabling channels. Tip: In Pega Customer Decision Hub 8.5, you can define triggers for both positive and negative audiences, that is, the individuals who should or should not receive a specific action. Keep the following considerations in mind when defining triggers for each audience type:
- Positive audiences - As a best practice, always define the trigger at the top level of your business hierarchy. Real-time events calls at lower levels of the hierarchy can produce undesired results, for example, removing an individual from all eligible audiences other than those at the same hierarchy level as the event.
- Negative audiences - You can define the container or event at any level of the hierarchy. When the container or event is triggered, Paid Media Manager updates negative audiences only for the actions on that level of the hierarchy. For example, if you define a real-time container at the Sales-Cards level, only audiences for actions from the Cards group of the Sales issue will be updated.
- Optional: For Google Ads and Facebook Ads destinations, in the Paid destinations section, click to increase the accuracy of your targeting by excluding individuals who are ineligible for an action. For more information, see
- Optional: For Google Ads and Facebook Ads destinations, in the Paid destinations section, click Configuring Facebook Lookalike Audiences and Generating Google Similar Audiences.. This creates an audience of customers who share the traits of your existing customers. For more information, see
- Optional: As a best practice, you should use a single, primary paid configuration to
manage all paid actions. However, if required, you can define additional paid
configurations, for example, to use different paid strategies for different
levels of your business hierarchy:
- In the Channels tab of the Next-Best-Action Designer, click .
- In the new Additional paid configuration section, in the Issue / Group list, select the issue and group or groups to which the schedule applies.
- Select the paid strategy, triggers and destinations for this hierarchy level, as described in steps 1-3.
- Click Save.