Using the trigger strategy to test the NBAStrategyFramework component
If you see unexpected strategy results from the NBA Strategy Framework component in the trigger strategy, the next step is to test the NBA Strategy Framework strategy to find the high level component where the results are dropping out or are unexpected.
Pega Customer Decision Hub
You can use the combination of the persona Data Transform and the trigger strategy to unit test the strategy framework.
What to do next: To find the strategy component that is not performing as
expected, you can click through each shape on the strategy canvas and identify if and where
actions are dropping out or where the strategy results are unexpected. For more information,
see Understanding the NBAStrategyFramework component test results.
- In the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click , and then open the NBAStrategyFramework strategy.
- Optional: To test a specific sub-strategy component, right-click on the component, and then click Open strategy.
- Open the Test Run panel by clicking the slider button on the upper right side of the strategy canvas.
- In the Settings section, select Data transform, and then select the persona transform that you created for the trigger strategy test.
- In the For external inputs use strategy field, enter the trigger strategy name, for example, Trigger_NBA_TopLevel.
- Select Specify a single component within the strategy, and then
choose the action filter for the context that you want to test.
Note: Only a single context is processed at a time by the NBA Strategy framework. When testing, it is important to also process a single context only at a time. In the example below, the Subscriber Action filter component is chosen to only process subscriber actions. To test for the Account context, you would need to choose Account Actions instead.
- Click Run, and then select the Results component to view the strategy results.
Previous topic Using the trigger strategy to test an engagement policy Next topic Understanding the NBAStrategyFramework component test results