Follow these best practices for recording data to build successful reporting solutions in agent-assisted interactions.
- Reporting is usually an afterthought when planning projects, but you should build your solution with reporting in mind.
- If you are using Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor, the proper recording of data is already included within your product.
- If you are using Pega Customer Decision Hub with the Agent-Assisted channel configured, use the guidelines described in this document for the best reporting results.
Recording data at the right time
Record the correct data at the right step of the customer interaction process to ensure that successful reporting is in place. A typical customer interaction process might look like the following:
- The customer contacting the Agent is identified by the system.
- The next best action is determined.
- The system presents the next best action to the Agent. You record an Agent Impression and store it in the Interaction History (IH), so that you can report on it.
- The agent presents the next best action to the Customer. You record an Impression and store it in the IH.
- If the customer responds to the offer, you record a response as Accepted or Rejected and store it in the IH.
- Optional: Register an interaction when the order is complete by recording an Ordered and store it in the IH.
- After the Offer process is complete (that is, the ordering of the offer is complete), the new next best action is determined by the system and the cycle repeats.
- The recorded data can be used for producing a coverage impressions report, which will help the call center management to ensure that Agents are using the system optimally.
- With properly recorded data, your sales and marketing departments will know how the predicted performance compares to the actual performance.
- Remember that when you have the right data, it is easy to produce the proper report.