Define eligibility, applicability, and suitability conditions for your actions. Engagement policies allow you to specify the conditions under which an action or group of actions is eligible for a customer.
You can define the following condition types as part of your engagement policies:
- Specify the conditions that the customer must fulfill in order to qualify for the action. For example, an action may only be available for customers in a specific geographic location.
- Specify the conditions for the action to be relevant at this point in time. For example, a discount on a specific phone model may not be relevant for a customer who already owns a phone of this type.
- Specify the conditions for the action to be appropriate for a customer. For example, a new credit card offer may not be appropriate for a customer who is likely to default on payments.
If you want to define eligibility conditions for multiple actions at the same time, edit the Business Group configuration on Engagement policy tab of the Next-Best-Action Designer. Any conditions defined at the Business Group level are displayed on top of the page, in the Group Eligibility section. You can toggle the Apply check box to allow or disallow them for this action. To view the Business Group configuration in the Next-Best-Action Designer, click the Business Group name in Inherited from <Business Group>.
- Optional: To remove all previously added criteria, click .
- On the Engagement policy tab, expand the Eligibility, Applicability, or Suitability section.
- In the first column, select a field, a Strategy, or a When condition from the
Note: To make a property available for use as an eligibility condition, define it as a Relevant Record for your primary context class, which by default is your Customer class. For more information, see Configuring properties for use in engagement policies and proposition filters.
- In the second column, select a comparator from the list. For Strategies, the comparator is always has results for.
- In the third column, select as needed:
- For field conditions, enter a value in the field or select a field by clicking Select values. The system compares the value of this field to the value of the corresponding field or condition in the first column. For example, Status work is equal to Done.
- For Strategies, select the required component. The system determines whether there exist Strategy results for that component.
- When conditions do not have a third column, because their comparator can only be true or false.
- Optional: Specify additional conditions and define the relationships between them.
- Click the Plus icon and add as many conditions as required.
- Use the drop-down lists between each pair of conditions to specify how these conditions relate to each other. You can group conditions with AND or OR operators.
- Use the drop-down list in the upper right corner to specify how condition groupings
should be evaluated.
- Group ANDs - Select this option if you want conditions linked with the AND operator to be evaluated as a group, and conditions linked with the OR operator to be evaluated individually. With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as (1 AND 2) OR 3 OR 4. That is, either conditions 1 and 2 must both be true, or either one of conditions 3 and 4 must be true.
- Group ORs - Select this option if you want conditions linked with the OR operator to be evaluated as a group, and conditions linked with the AND operator to be evaluated individually. With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as 1 AND (2 OR 3 OR 4). That is, both condition 1 and one of conditions 2, 3, and 4 must be true.
- Use advanced logic - Select this option if you want to
define a mix of grouping by the AND and
OR operator. Use the Logic string field to specify the
If you change a condition that uses advanced logic back to Group ANDs or Group ORs, all the groupings that you previously defined are reset.
- Optional: To save the condition for future reuse, click .The conditions are saved to a new when rule in the top level class of the eligibility condition. The when rule is automatically registered as a relevant record for use in the condition builder.
Note: The Save to library option is not available if the conditions include either Strategy rules or when conditions with parameters. The option is also disabled for eligibility conditions which include default criteria created with the Use advanced logic option.
- Optional: In the Contact policy section, select one or more contact policies
to associate with this action.A contact policy limits the number of times customers can be contacted on a particular communication channel over a certain period of time. For more information, see Defining outbound limits for traditional marketing campaigns.
- Optional: Do steps 1 to 7 again to configure another type of engagement conditions.You can define any combination of Eligibility, Applicability, and Suitability conditions for an action.