Controlling the number of customer contacts with outbound limits
Outbound limits provide a mechanism for controlling and restricting the number of interactions which a customer can receive over a given period of time on a specific channel, to avoid communication overexposure.
Outbound limits specify the maximum number of outbound interactions that a customer can receive over a given period of time on a specific channel. You can also limit all outbound actions across all channels. These customer contact limits prevent an action from reaching a customer on a specific channel, irrespective of past responses to that action by the customer.
- On the Next-Best-Action Designer Constraints tab, scroll down to view Outbound limits.
- Click Edit to make changes in existing outbound limits, or to add a new one.
- Click on the arrow next to the channel name to expand limits set for that channel.
- Type in the maximum number of actions offered to a customer.
- In the time period list, select the duration of the time limit.Default time periods are 1, 7, 14, and 30 days.
- Click Save.
Note: You cannot duplicate time periods for one channel.
- To add a new outbound limit, click Add limit.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6.For example, if you decide that you do not want your customers to receive more than two promotional emails per month, you should set the email outbound limits to maximum number of actions: 2, and time period to 30 days.
Note: Actions that have been marked as Transactional or Mandatory, according to action evaluation criteria, are exempt from outbound limits and will be sent even if the limit for an action over a given period of time on a given channel has been reached. For more details on action evaluation, see Next-Best-Action configuration.
- To add outbound limits to a new channel, click Add channel at the bottom of the tab.
- Choose the channel from the list. It will be automatically added to the
outbound limits section.For more details on how to add more channels to the outbound limits, see Configuring additional channels for use with volume constraints.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Setting constraints, outbound limits, and controls Next topic Creating a contact policy