In this approach, you provide a series of criteria by identifying the appropriate column, the relationship type, and the value for which to search. These criteria are then combined in the Filter conditions field to allow the user to describe the logic for applying the various criteria.
- On the Design tab of a Criteria Segment, click the rule form
icon . The icon will be only visible for existing non-visual segments.
- In the rule form, click Add filter.
- In the Column source field, enter or select the property which you want to use as a criterion.
- In the Relationship list, select the operation that evaluates the property and value.
- In the Value field, enter the required value of the property.
- Use the gear icon to add filter options, such as Ignore case and Use null if empty.
- In the Filter conditions to apply field, define the relationship
between the criteria. By default, the criteria are applied with an AND logic. If needed, you
can change the relationship between some criteria to OR.
- Optional: Select other Segments as criteria within this Segment. Selecting a Segment criterion
automatically includes or excludes all customers in that Segment.
- In the Segments section, click Add Segment.
- Select the Segment from the SEGMENT NAME list.
- In the IN / NOT IN list, select whether the new Segment evaluates customers who are in or not in the existing Segment.
- In the Filter Segments field, define the relationship
between the Segments.
- Click Save.