Promoting shadow models with MLOps
A shadow model runs alongside an active model. Both models receive production data and generate outcomes, but the outcomes of the shadow model are not used to make business decisions. Check how the shadow model performs over time, and if the model proves better suited to your business needs, promote it as the active model.
Promoting shadow models is part of the Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) feature of Pega Platform.
Pega Customer Decision Hub
- In the navigation pane of Prediction Studio, click Predictions.
- From the list of predictions, open a prediction that contains a shadow model, and then click the Models tab.
- Display the shadow model by expanding the twist arrow to the left of a current model.
- Ensure that the status of the model is SHADOW.
- To the right of the shadow model, click the More icon, and then click Promote model.
- In the Promote model dialog box, click Promote model to confirm.
Previous topic Evaluating candidate models with MLOps Next topic Rejecting shadow models with MLOps