Testing the impact of strategy design changes with simulation runs
You can use a batch case run to test the performance of your strategy as you design it, and identify which components need optimization. As you edit the strategy, run a simulation to identify the most popular propositions, check whether customers are receiving actions, and make sure that your strategy is executed as intended.
- In your Business Operations environment, search for and open a Strategy rule.
- On the right side of the strategy canvas, expand the Test run panel.
- In the Test run panel, click the Batch tab.
- Click Settings.
- In the Analyze section, click Decisions.
- Select the simulation test that you want to run from the following
- Select An existing simulation test, and then
select the simulation ID.
Tip: To check the configuration of the simulation test, click Open.
- Select A new simulation test and specify the data flow, data set, or report definition that you want to use as the input data of the simulation test.
- Select An existing simulation test, and then select the simulation ID.
- Click Run.
For example: For each supported component, the canvas displays the decision results as a percentage of the remaining population. That is, the results show the percentage of the audience that can receive a specific proposition, as well as the impact that each component has on the strategy results. Some components are not included in decision simulation tests. For example, in the figure below, the Set Property component is not part of the test, and thus has no corresponding results on the canvas. Unsupported decision components include adaptive and predictive models, scorecards, decision trees, and decision tables.
You have run a simulation to test how the changes that you made impact your decision strategy. You can now decide whether you want to implement the changes on a live system.
To view the main process outline for this tutorial, see Configuring the system for running simulations of decision strategies.
Previous topic Importing sampled data into the simulation environment manually Next topic Running a decision strategy simulation on sampled production data