Troubleshooting simulation tests
Use the following troubleshooting tips to help solve issues related to configuring and running simulation tests in Pega Customer Decision Hub.
Issue: The system cannot run the simulation test in optimized mode
If simulation optimization is enabled in your Business Operations Environment (BOE), the system optimizes distribution test, ethical bias, and value finder simulations to increase processing speed and scalability.
In some cases, the system cannot apply optimization to a simulation run. As a fallback mechanism, the system completes the simulation test in unoptimized mode. When this happens, the history log for the simulation run contains the following messages:
- Cloud optimization disabled during this simulation
- Could not apply cloud optimization. Review the attached 'Cloud optimization' report
Additionally, a PEGA0138 alert is sent to the Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud.
These messages indicate that the strategy that is associated with the simulation test contains components that the system cannot optimize because their configuration does not meet the requirements for optimization. Such configuration flaws can come from any rules that are referenced by the strategy, for example, proposition filters, adaptive models, when rules, or decision tables. These errors can fall into the following categories:
- Design-time errors
- Run-time errors, for example, the use of a non-empty named page or an Interaction History summary used in a non-primary context
If you encounter this issue, you can modify the strategy components to fix the problems that prevent optimization, or you can disable cloud optimization, and then rerun the simulation in unoptimized mode:
- In the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click Simulation testing, and then open the simulation that the system could not optimize.
- In the Attachments section, download the Cloud optimization report.
- In the
Cloud optimizationreport, review the configuration issues that have been identified in the strategy components.
- Based on the issues identified in the
Cloud optimizationreport, modify the strategy components that prevent optimization, and then rerun the simulation by clicking .
- If you cannot fix the configuration errors in the strategy components, disable
cloud optimization for this simulation, and then rerun it in unoptimized
For more information, see Disabling the optimized mode for a simulation test.
Previous topic Troubleshooting real-time events Next topic Troubleshooting treatments