This section provides information on the APIs available for use with Real-Time Containers.
When invoked, each API sets one of the following HTTP status codes in its response:
- 200 - Successful invocation
- 400 - Bad request
- 500 - Internal error
- Triggering a real-time container with the Container REST service
The Container service is available to make a Next-Best-Action decision in inbound, real-time channels such as web self-service, call center and mobile applications. The Container REST API supports both the POST and GET HTTP methods. The Container service provides a layer of abstraction between the calling channel and the specific decision logic that is executed so a user can easily change the content delivered to the channel without changing the interface or parameters in the API.
- Making custom Strategy Result properties available for real-time container data flows
Now that you have passed in Context data as part of the Container request, you will want to access this data within your decision strategies. There are two utility functions that allow you to access this data depending on your requirements.
- Capturing responses to actions with the CaptureResponse service
CaptureResponse is a REST service that supports the POST HTTP method. This service allows callers to capture responses to actions triggered via Real-Time Containers.
- Capturing responses to actions in the Agent Assisted channel with the CaptureOrder service
CaptureOrder is a wrapper REST service that supports the POST HTTP method. This service allows callers to capture the response as Ordered for the actions which are about to be fulfilled.
- Accessing a customer's interaction history with the CustomerOfferHistory REST service
CustomerOfferHistory is a REST service that supports both GET and POST HTTP methods. This service returns the Interaction History records for a customer.
- Capturing clicks on the click-through URL
The CaptureClickThrough API is part of the Container REST services. The API provides the ability to easily capture a Clicked outcome for an action returned by the Container service, and redirect the customer to the web page as defined on the action ruleform.