If you require a case type that is not similar to an application-provided case type, create a new one that meets your business requirements.
The new case type inherits the class of the top case in the application. If a new case type requires a different class, use Dev Studio to change the top case before adding the new case type.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- Click New.
- Enter the name for the new case type, and then click Next.
- In the Case Designer tool, add the required fields to your case type. Optionally, to use the existing fields provided by the application, select Show reusable fields, to list all the fields that are available from which you can choose to reuse.
- To configure fields, data integration, stages and steps, and user views, see Designing a case.
- Click Done to save the changes.